Let me clarify, for everybody to get verified on Facebook isn’t as easy as people usually think. It is hard and requires a lot of checks on Facebook’s part.
You need to be a public figure, with some achievements, good following and activities that includes fans engagement on your posts in order to be eligible for verification on your profile and page. You could also be a famous, authentic brand with a good number of followers on your page.
It seems like getting verified on the Facebook page is relatively easier (though not peanuts) than getting a blue tick on a profile.
All major social media websites allow certain accounts to become “verified” as a signal to their followers about their authenticity.
Facebook, commonly used a blue check on a profile or a page to verify a public figure or a page of public interest such as brands, movies, celebrities etc.
Here’s what you’ll need to qualify:
- A cover photo
- A profile photo
- A name that follows Facebook’s guidelines
- For pages, make sure you’ve selected “public figure”
- Content posted to the account set to a public audience.
- Visitors are allowed to follow you so your following has to be enabled.
How to get verified with a blue checkmark on Facebook
To get verified on Facebook, you need to log in using a desktop version.
1. Go to facebook.com — log into your account.
2. Click this link and fill it out.
3. Provide your Government document.
4. Provide a reason why your profile or page should be verified?