An A-list American actor Robert Downey Jr. is witty, confident and well spoken. Over his lengthy Hollywood career, he has become one of the most highly respected actors. During his time in the movie industry, he has faced and overcome drug addiction and multiple legal conflicts. Despite that, he managed to re-launch his acting career and landed the leading roles in Iron Man (2008) and Sherlock Holmes (2009). These Robert Downey Jr. quotes will definitely encourage you to strive for your own wild success.
Born April 4, 1965, in Manhattan, New York to filmmaker Robert Downey Sr. and actress Elsie Downey, he made his first appearance at the age of five in his father’s 1970 movie, Pound.
Even though he was born into the industry, Robert Downey Jr. has reinvented himself, again and again, to stay fresh, vibrant and elegant for nearly four decades. Many consider Robert Downey Jr. one of the most prominent and intellectually sophisticated men in Hollywood. He is highly articulate on subjects such as discipline, confidence, and the power of the human mind. Robert Downey Jr. has a unique take on psychology, with an optimistic view of human beings as powerful and with limitless potential.
For three consecutive years (2012 – 2015), he topped the Forbes list of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors, with an estimated $80 million in earnings from June 2014 to June 2015. Furthermore, as of 2018, his estimated net worth is about $260 million. The movies Robert Downey Jr. played in have grossed a total of $9.6 billion, making him the fifth highest box-office grossing star of all time.
His life was full of unique challenges and opportunities – he was. born into a family of filmmakers, but introduced to drugs by his addict father at a young age. Robert Downey Jr. developed an incredibly strong, durable and charismatic personality as a consequence of the many ups and downs of his life. Even though things were not easy for him, he managed to become one of the most successful actors of all time. To that end, Downey Jr. attributes much of his success to staying humble, being optimistic, and always giving back to others.
To get a grasp of his insane work ethic and amazing charisma, check out our awesome list of Robert Downey Jr. Quotes:
Top 23 Best Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “I’ve always felt that if you’re not on your side, why should anyone else be. So I always encourage people to be confident, and sometimes even a little falsely so, just so you can give yourself an opportunity.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f*&k you were gonna do anyway.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think it’s miraculous that anybody survives themselves.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.” – Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “I know very little about acting. I’m just an incredibly gifted faker.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I’ve always felt like an outsider in this industry. Because I’m so insane I guess.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Job one is to get out of that cave. A lot of people do get out but don’t change.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “There’s somewhere you’re supposed to go, and if you get quiet enough, you’ll make it.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.” – Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “Nothing is a break for me. Not even the breaks are breaks.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I’ve noticed that worrying is like praying for what you don’t want to happen.”– Robert Downey Jr.
- “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “People rise out of the ashes, because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there” – Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I don’t need an Iron Man suit. I’m already a weapon of mass seduction.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Whenever I watch someone doing something, even if it doesn’t turn out so great, I at least admire their intentions and stuff.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think that we all do heroic things, but the hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.” – Robert Downey Jr.
Author: Georgi Lazarov