Australian actor and singer Hugh Jackman instantly became a star for his part as Wolverine in Bryan Singer’s X-Men. However, the man is much more than the iconic action character. A loving father of two adopted children, he is also an esteemed Broadway performer and singer. Unlike many of his Hollywood, colleagues, Hugh Jackman seems humble and down-to-earth, never taking himself too seriously, despite achieving incredible fame and success. He credits much of his success to discipline, meditation, and doing what he loves most. This list of amazing Hugh Jackman quotes will give you today’s boost of motivation to follow your dreams.
Hugh Jackman experienced a meteoric rise to fame when X-men (2000) became a box-office hit. Initially skeptical about playing a comic book action hero, he took the role very seriously and ever wore claws around his apartment before auditioning. Jackman has gone on to reprise this role in multiple sequels, prequels, and spin-offs, ending his run as Wolverine in 2017’s critically acclaimed movie Logan.
His other notable performances include The Prestige, co-starring Christian Bale and directed by Christopher Nolan, Les Misérables, a critically-acclaimed musical, which won him an Academy Award, Prisoners, Van Helsing, and many others.
Aside from his artistic career, Hugh Jackman has also done a lot of humanitarian work. In addition to being a global advisor of the Global Poverty Project, he has a wide range of other philanthropic work in his life.
He was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma in 2013 and overcame the life-threatening condition. As a consequence, Jackman spread a lot of awareness about the condition and its prevention.
In conclusion, he is an inspiring figure to millions of people worldwide, and for many good reasons. Disciplined, motivated, successful and generous, he is a great example to follow. This quality assortment of amazing Hugh Jackman quotes will show you how he achieved so much:
Top 30 Amazing Hugh Jackman Quotes
- “In life, you don’t regret the things you do, you regret the things you don’t do.” – Hugh Jackman
- “The longer it takes you to become successful, the harder it will be for somebody else to take it away from you.” – Hugh Jackman
- “If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.” – Hugh Jackman
- Write down five things you love to do. Next, write down five things that you’re really good at. Then just try to match them up! Revisit your list once a year to make sure you’re on the right track.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I meditated before I hosted the Oscars, I meditate before I go on stage, I meditate in the morning and lunchtime when I’m on a film set.” – Hugh Jackman
- ” always think the great parts outlive the actors that play them and that’s a stage tradition, that goes back hundreds of years and it should be that way.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Giving people a hand up, not a handout, is the way forward.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Now I meditate twice a day for half an hour. In meditation, I can let go of everything. I’m not Hugh Jackman. I’m not a dad. I’m not a husband. I’m just dipping into that powerful source that creates everything. I take a little bath in it.” – Hugh Jackman Quotes
- “We can live tough lives, but the human spirit is stronger, seemingly than anything. There is redemption, hope, and love. All different forms of heartbreak, but beyond all that there is hope, there is love. There is beauty and bliss.” – Hugh Jackman
- “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
- That’s the great thing about parenting. You end up going places you never thought you’d go.” – Hugh Jackman
- “The definition of being good is being able to make it look easy.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Nobody suddenly discovers anything. Things are made slowly and in pain.” – Hugh Jackman
- When you dance, your body just wants to find its natural weight. I’m naturally a lot more Tommy Tune than I am Wolverine.” – Hugh Jackman
- “There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can’t go through life obsessing about what might have been.” – Hugh Jackman
- “If you put Buddha, Jesus Christ, Socrates, Shakespeare, Arjuna, Krishna at a dinner table together, I can’t see them having an argument.” – Hugh Jackman
- “What I respect as far as in myself and in others is the spirit of just doing it. For better or worse, it may work and it may not, but I’m going to go for it. Ultimately I probably prefer to be respected for that than whether it works out or not, either winning or losing.” – Hugh Jackman Quotes
- “The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don’t just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I’ve always felt that if you back down from a fear, the ghost of that fear never goes away. It diminishes people. So I’ve always said ‘yes’ to the thing I’m most scared about. The fear of letting myself down – of saying ‘no’ to something that I was afraid of and then sitting in my room later going, ‘I wish I’d had the guts to say this or that’ – that galvanizes me more than anything.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I just love making a fool out of myself. I made my living as a clown at kids’ parties for about three years.” – Hugh Jackman
- “When your dreams becoming reality, they’re no longer your dreams.” – Hugh Jackman
- “With age, you see people fail more. You see yourself fail more. How do you keep that fearlessness of a kid? You keep going. Luckily, I’m not afraid to make a fool of myself.” ~ Hugh Jackman
- “Coming to terms with our true natures and who we really have always been a fascination to humans. I know it fascinates me.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I think the most interesting question is, why do you act? I act because I have felt in acting some of the freest moments of my life…I think it’s also one thing that scares me the most.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I truly believe that the job of an actor and the drive of an actor is simulating the internal journey in life which is to get deeper and deeper into our understanding of who we are.” – Hugh Jackman Quotes
- “I have two kids, career and I travel, and I don’t think my life is any different than most couples. The most valuable commodity now for many people is time and how to parcel that out.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Sometimes you have to go places with characters and emotions within yourself you don’t want to do, but you have a duty to the story and as a storyteller to do it.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I can look back on my life, where there have been moments where things might have gone the other way. Everything is like stepping stones, and I’ve seen people I admire falter. We’re all vulnerable.” – Hugh Jackman
- “I treat auditions like I treated my first dates. It’s an opportunity to get to know a stranger and to learn from each other.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Because I believe actually the more you do something, the less frightening it becomes because you start to realize the outcome is not as important as you think.” – Hugh Jackman